Gulfstream Aerospace Corp., Savannah, GA
07/87 - 03/89
Quality Improvement Process (QIP) Manufacturing Liaison Engineering
(FAA Certification, Contract)
- Contract technical advisor for 11 man Q.I.P Production Team; monitored, detected, and researched G-IV production/engineering, planning, and workmanship discrepancies in both electrical and structural disciplines.
- Used collected data and technical expertise to determine any and all corrective actions.
- Instructed direct hire personnel on MIL-STD compliance issues on potential military sales.
- Initiated PCOs on production floor and submitted to systems engineering for approval.
- Presented all research data to Q.I.P. administrators and production V.P. for high-level quality improvement meetings.
- Developed cost analysis methods used to determine aircraft production waste.
Avionics Installation/Testing/ Technical Liaison Engineer (G-IV Aircraft)
(FAA Certification Contract)
- All phases of installation, avionics and electrical system testing, troubleshooting and maintenance directly related to production and FAA certification of the then experimental G-IV aircraft.
- Systems tested and certified included: Sperry SPZ 8000 EFIS, Bendix ILS/MLS systems, Sperry Weather Radar, Collins NAV, DME, VHF, UHF, ADF systems, Rockwell HF system, Rolls-Royce Tay Engine/ Instrumentation, Grumman Thrust Reversers, Sunstrand Stall Barrier system, etc.
- Proposed improvements for testing procedures used to achieve G-IV FAA certification.
- Implemented and accomplished ECOs/PCOs, and provided liaison between production and engineering.
Aircraft Engineering and Production Support Services
Web site designed & hosted by AmeriGraf Technical Inc. © 2009 at Homestead™